Wednesday 31 July 2013

"This is for the over achievers and the self believers"-Dirty London + Typical freaks


foever21, flatforms, 90's, fashion, trends, trending, printed, textiles, fashion, high shtreet, graphic, rucksack, egyptian
T-shirt(£25.00)http://www.dirtylondon.co.uk/, Necklace(£20.00)Typical Freaks, Shoes(£24.94)aliexpress.com, Rucksack(£20.00) Dirtysaint at ASOS marketplace, Crystal print leggings(£8.75)Forever21.
Oh how I wish I was wearing this outfit today!The beauty of the graphic tee is that it is such a versatile garment and can either be dressed up or down depending on how you accessorize it. As most of my style posts are things I would wear to work, I've opted for dressing the top down by teaming it with an amazingly priced pair of crystal print leggings from Forever21, a vintage black rucksack(who doesn't love a good rucksack!) and some studded white flatforms. 

Anyone who knows me is aware of my love/obsession/borderline fetish for big statement necklaces- it's very rare for me to leave the house without wearing one. So, of course, this outfit, would be incomplete without a necklace. While looking on the Typical Freaks website(see below for details) I came across this Egyptian scarab beetle pendant. I love anything with a historical reference, not so secret history geek that I am, and Egyptology has always fascinated me. I also love the colour of this laser engraved necklace as it changes colour in different lights.

This graphic tee is from new brand Dirty London, who specialize in creating unique graphic print t-shirts combining excellent photography and well thought out text. Their brand message is all about standing out, non-conformity and believing in yourself against all odds-such an excellent message!Here is the text from the 'About' section of their website:


WE ARE DIRTY LONDON


MIDDLE FINGER TO THE SUIT WEARERS
MIDDLE FINGER TO THE RULE MAKERS
MIDDLE FINGER TO THE NAYSAYERS
THIS IS FOR THE RISK TAKERS
THIS IS FOR THE RULE BREAKERS
THIS IS FOR THE OVER ACHIEVERS
AND THE SELF BELIEVERS
THOUGHT PROVOKING CONTEMPORARY STREETWEAR
DIRTY LONDON
HEART OF THE CITY


One of the things I love about this brand is that every garment has a thought provoking quote tied to it providing a background story. For this style post I have chosen a tee depicting a figure with flowers and birds(the universal symbol for freedom) exploding from the head.This top comes with the following quote: 


"Logic will get you from A-Z, imagination will get you everywhere."


This quote is ideal for my current mood. This morning I woke up, looked at the weather and thought "Creativity is not going to come naturally today"- we all have these days, but seeing this quote has reminded me not to lose my imagination as imagination is the key to creativity!


New Brand:Typical Freaks


A little while ago I featured the style blog of Helena from bellsfashion.blogspot.co.uk, I loved the floral and fruity matching two pieces her mum had made her and was desperate to get my hands on something similar. While browsing around the Brick Lane markets on Sunday I was fortunate enough to come across a stall which sells similar garments. 


fruit print, watermelon, sushi, geometric necklace, statement necklace, flamingo, botanical trend, ss14, matching two piece
Add caption


Typical freaks belongs to design duo Sonia Xiao and Seun Ade-Onojobi, both of whom studied fashion at the University of the Arts( Xiao at London college of fashion and Seun at Central St. Martins). Their collection includes their own laser cut  jewellery collection along with matching two piece sets with prints inspired by everything from  tropical birds and fruit inspired prints(the watermelon print being a particular favourite of mine) to yellow cabs and sushi. These sets are are perfect for the botanical trend predictions for next Spring/Summer and I will definitely be investing in one!

No comments: