Friday 26 July 2013

"What I would wear today if I could..." +Kimono love!

"What I would wear today if I could..."

Cape jacket(£19.99)Missguided.co.uk, Necklace ($70.00/£45.51)Nutcasefashion on Etsy.com, Sandals(£18.00) ASOS.com, strappy cami top(£18.00) Topshop, Yellow skirt(£8.99) Missguided.co.uk, Perspex bag (£29.97)styleaddict_store at ebay.co.uk.


Yellow, Purple and Grey is an odd colour combo but I think it works really well in this outfit. As with all of my outfit choices I seem to pick 1 or 2 items and build the outfit around these items. This style entry is no different, with the entire outfit built around the necklace- another one of my Etsy finds(http://www.etsy.com/shop/nutcasefashion)!Nutcase fashion is the online Etsy store belonging to Connie Lo from Hong Kong, her jewellery is described as being 'space tribal neon statement jewellery'. Although the collection is quite pricey, they are 100% handmade and definitely worth the money. 

I always find looking on Etsy to be quite inspirational, especially when I come across handmade items like this that look completely shop ready! I am still keen to experiment with making my own jewellery and, seeing as I have just been paid, might do some impulse jewellery supply shopping on my lunch break!


Another item I love in this outfit is the clear perspex bag. I am forever finding myself in situations where I have managed to lose things in the huge vortex that is my bag , a transparent bag seems to be the perfect solution for this!This perspex version is a great interpretation of the catwalk accessories trend and also gives a nod to the 90's fashion takeover trend that seems to have hit Britain.


Transparent bag trend on the catwalk.

Another huge trend at the moment that every high street store and online retailer has done their own interpretation of is the printed kimono jacket. I am definitely a huge fan of this item- I already have 3 in my wardrobe and am keen to purchase another one. 


Top row left to right: Like mynded(£58.50), BIBA(£69.00), Motel(£48.00),ASOS(£40.00), French Connection(£58.00), Topshop(£78.00),.
Bottom row left to right: ASOS(£40.00), Topshop(£60.00), Topshop(£55.00), Miss Selfridge(£37.00), ASOS(£40.00), River Island(£40.00), Pull&Bear(£12.99).



Although not remotely affordable, at £198.00 each, Anna Sui has some beautiful printed kimono shape jackets in amazingly rich colours #printcrush.

Anna Sui(first three) and Athena Procupiou.


No comments: