Sunday 3 August 2014

#Sundayreview

As warned in my most recent trend post, I have been away on holiday for a week and so haven't been able to blog. However, I have now returned with a Sunday/week off review.

I spent most of my time off at a camp with several of my friends in Rye. It was so nice to get away from the city and experience a slower more peaceful pace of life, I get so tired of the London rush and had almost forgotten what it felt like to be in the country. It was also a great opportunity to spend quality time with some of my closest friends. Being near a beach for a week contributed a huge amount to ensuring I had a relaxing week off. I also used the time away as an opportunity to give two of my friends belated birthday sketches which I had created for them. The joys of being penniless in London-every gift is handmade!



I have also officially moved into my new studio in Hackney Wick. I am so excited to have my own workspace and am really looking forward to having all my art supplies and pieces I'm working on in one place. So here are a few photos of what it's looking like at the moment, I've put a little bit of my work up and have made a start on an inspiration wall...




While moving into my new studio I also had a wander around the Wick and stumbled across the Stourspace art gallery (http://www.stourspace.co.uk/). Here I came across these quirky characters with hilarious phrases written in naive childrens hndwriting. My personal favourite is the "God. I want to be an artist" piece! 

With gallery spaces located in close proximity to my new studio, I am hoping that I will find a lot of new exhibition opportunities.


No comments: