Tuesday 16 February 2016

My new website www.textilecandy.com

It's been a few weeks since my last post but, as ever, I am back and ready with a well prepared excuse for my absence-although this time its a valid one...

In the new year I posted a list of aims for 2016 (http://textilecandy.blogspot.be/2015/12/time-to-reflect-on-2015.html) one of these is as follows:

"I will make steps towards setting up my own business. By the end of this year I would like to have a Website, Business plan and some loyal customers that aren't just family and friends."

I thought it would be towards the end of the year that I finally got started on this, as with all resolutions, I tend to postpone them as long as is humanely possible. However, this year, I seem to have experienced a surge of motivation and have already been working on a new website design- MY FIRST WEBSITE...can you tell that I'm a little bit excited!? My blog is all grown up and turning into a website, I feel as though this is how a parent feels when their child reaches puberty...

textilecandy.com, textile candy, textile, candy, trend forecasting servie, illustration, print design, catwalk trends, design collections, freelance designer, freelance illustrator
The final website design www.textilecandy.com


 I purchased my domain name, designed a signature print for the website and existing blog AND taught myself how to add META tags into the coding...to be honest I am actually pretty damn proud of myself. So, naturally, I wanted to share it with those of you who have been following my blog since I first started.

 Also I feel like writing a blog post about the new website is a good place to set down my goals and ambitions for creating an online identity and what I see it becoming. I have never committed my thoughts for the future onto paper as it seems to require a level of confidence and a self-certainty that I have always teetered on the edge of. This being said I feel like now is as good a time as any to replace the excuses with action!

textilecandy.com, textile candy, textile, candy, trend forecasting servie, illustration, print design, catwalk trends, design collections, freelance designer, freelance illustrator
Website pages on www.textilecandy.com


I would like the website(Textile Candy) to become a brand that amalgamates Fashion trend foreasting, Print design and illustration as these are the 3 areas I feel most passionately about. I want the website to be a place to showcase my work and link my existing collection of prints and illustrations to this trend blog as, so far, they have always remained as separate entities. I want to build a loyal customer base that extends further than my immediate family and friends(my fan club). I want to be able to offer intricate prints on great quality products(Homeware, clothing and accessories) that are produced in environmentally sustainable and ethically viable factories/manufacturing houses. I want to build up a business that enables me to do what I love while helping others in some way...maybe one day I'll branch into ethical fashion. I would also like to dabble in 3d printed fashion and accessories, but this is something to focus on later. The future isn't set in stone and I am open to all opportunities but these are my existing ambitions for Textile Candy.

I could go into further detail but it's getting late and I have what seems like 5 million men's catwalk reports to complete, so with no further ado here is the link:

         www.textilecandy.com

Please all take a look and let me know your thoughts. Many sleep deprived nights of work went into creating this and I had to flip a 'simplify' switch in my brain to prevent myself over designing the pages so I really would appreciate any feedback. You could even send me a comment through the contact page ;) not gonna lie, I'd absolutely love that!

Hope to hear from you soon x

No comments: