Friday 30 September 2016

Milan fashion week favourites!

Normally I am not a huge fan of Milan fashion week and struggle to find 5 favourite collections, this time I struggled to ONLY select 5 collections. I'm going to restrain myself and stick to 5 but here is a list of the others I love too:  San Andres Milano, Alberta Ferreti, Ports 1961 and Stella Jean.

Spring/Summer 2017, SS17, Milan fashion Week, Summer fashion, textile candy, www.textilecandy.blogspot.co.uk, fashion week, Emilio Pucci, rainbow fashion, colourful fashion, bright colours, rainbow style, new collection
I actually loved the colour palette of the SS17 Pucci collection so much that I featured it on instagram as well. It isn't the most inspiring collection for print, but the colours....WOW!

Spring/Summer 2017, SS17, Milan fashion Week, Summer fashion, textile candy, www.textilecandy.blogspot.co.uk, Salvatore Ferragamo, Italian fashion, white ground floral, fresh floral, floral print, floral fashion, fashion week, new collection
It was the fresh floral prints on white grounds that caught my attention in the Ferragamo collection.

Spring/Summer 2017, SS17, Milan fashion Week, Summer fashion, textile candy, www.textilecandy.blogspot.co.uk, outline floral print, abstract print, fashion week, new collection
The new Marni collection is just amazing!From the outline floral and abstract prints to the on trend styling of the garments all finished off with a utility twist- I loved it!

Spring/Summer 2017, SS17, Milan fashion Week, Summer fashion, textile candy, www.textilecandy.blogspot.co.uk, Antonio Marras, soft punk, eclectic fashion, gingham, fashion week, new collection
I think the Antonio Marras collection might be my favourite from Milan fashion week. It offered a softened version of the new 'eclectic' trend that has taken the SS17 collections by storm(I will be positing about this next week) and combined beautiful loosely coloured hand drawn floral prints with black and white gingham and pale botanical prints.
Spring/Summer 2017, SS17, Milan fashion Week, Summer fashion, textile candy, www.textilecandy.blogspot.co.uk, Etro, fashion week, new collection
Etro always seems to make it into my top 5 posts, I think it is mainly because they are consistently good and they have a niche(paisley and 'ethnic' prints) and have really become artisans in that area. Their SS17 collection offered another range of beautiful paisley designs and loose garments.


Milan is now over and I'm trying to get through the Paris collections and organize all the images into a half decent trend report. Hopefully I will have compiled and labelled everything to put into a post at the end of next week. This season I won't be doing colour boards, I've decided just to focus on the prints(this is a print blog after all) and any new shape/trim details that I pick up on. I also have new trend board design layouts so I'm interested to see what you all think of them and hopefully get some feedback! x

No comments: